RIIMPO319E – Conduct backhoe/loader operations
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to operate a backhoe/loader to load, distribute and place materials. This unit applies to those working in site based roles.
- Planning and preparing for operations.
- Conducting pre-operational checks.
- Operating the backhoe/loader:
- Lifting, carrying and placing materials.
- Selecting, fitting and removing attachments for the backhoe/loader.
- Relocating the backhoe/loader from site to site.
- Carrying out machine operator maintenance.
- Cleaning up.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- White Card.
- Completed LLN assessment.
- Fitness and agility to undertake tasks
- Domestic student with appropriate study entitlements.
- Have USI or create one from https://www.usi.gov.au/your-usi/create-usi
Mode of Delivery
Classroom based – internal
- Theory facilitated in a classroom
- Practical onsite
4 Days Each day consisting:
- 15 minutes pre-course administration (only on the 1st day)
- 30-minute lunch break
- 2 x 15-minute breaks
3 days of training, and 1 day for assessment (written and practical)
Upon successful completion of the course, students will be issued with
- Statement of attainment for the unit RIIMPO319E Conduct backhoe/loader operations
- Students will be given a wallet sized card reflecting the achievement.
- Statement of Training or Notice of Satisfactory Assessment (NSA)
- We supply all equipment necessary for the training
Trainees must provide
- Appropriate clothing and safety boots
Sydney Office, Auburn NSW 2144, Australia
- RIIMPO320F – Conduct civil construction excavator operations
- RIIMPO319E – Conduct backhoe/loader operations
- RIIMPO318F – Conduct civil construction skid steer loader operations
- RIIHAN309F – Conduct telescopic materials handler operations
- RIIMPO321F – Conduct civil construction wheeled front end loader operations
- CPCCWHS1001 – Work Safely in the Construction Industry – White Card
- CPC50210 – Diploma of Building and Construction (Building)
- CPC40110 – Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building)